FINAL REFLECTION FOR WORLD LITERATURE 2020-2021

     This semester was like any other and we can all agree on that. The year started off as usual you know but then comes along march and we all think wow yes no school for two weeks, that sounds so amazing until we all are hit again with the okay no going back to school and you are most likely going to do online school for next year too, once again we all think WOW THAT SOUNDS AWESOME, or at least I was since I only enjoyed school only because of my friends. THEN, it just all goes down hill from there and I did not expect online school to be this hard. Honestly, yes school was the most stressful ever this year out of all my school years but this class helped since Mr. Preston is a great teacher, we did classwork and homework a lot differently then what most teachers do, we did not use Canvas once and we just had our own little blogs with our own little thoughts and it was nice and peaceful do to homework as an when I am doing homework for other classes I am stressed.

    From the beginning this course has been different than any other course I have ever taken like I stated before how Mr. Preston really is a helpful teacher and probably the most helpful teacher I have ever had. The way he made for us to do work is awesome and helpful towards many of us. Having a blog is really cool and just like typing out our thoughts about the chapters of Les Mis and being able to say what we want and not sticking to some kind of script given by the teacher is appreciable.

    As I look back on our experience together what I found the most meaningful was how easily our class actually connected. I do not know if it is because we all had some sort of friend in the class and felt comfortable or simply because Mr. Preston gave a really good first impression when first meeting him and showing he is a really cool, understanding, supportive teacher. I was not really surprised at how easily out English class connected since all my English classes so far have clicked so well because most of the students always know each other beforehand. Sometimes it is funny what my classmates type in the comments during class like reading Les Mi. I also found really meaningful how most of my classmates find talking in class not so scary which is comforting if I ever want to say something since I know they wont judge.

    As I consider the work I have done I am most proud of how much I grew from procrastinating in like the last week or so with all my classes especially this class. I had difficulty being organized and getting my assignments right and turning in on time until the last few weeks where I actually started focusing and listening in class which helped me loads. I use to literally not even pay any attention in class at all because I simply just got bored super fast and nothing about being class was entertaining and I would just wait until the classes were over and I could just go lay in bed. I am very proud if bein able to actually do work and turn in assignments earlier then I use to. 

    Something I wish I could have done better in class is with the readings of  Les Mis. Most of the weeks I did not like to pay attention to Les Mis and the chapters because they were so boring to me, I found nothing interesting with the book and like I said before I would easily get bored so there is not much surprise with me getting bored with the chapters and I was really bad at posting my first impressions because of that reason as well and ended up getting a really bad grade since I was really lacking in most of that, I will say that book two has actually been a lot more interesting because of Jean and also because I started paying more attention during class. Something I wish I did better overall in all my classes was learning while not suffering so bad because of my won faults. These past two weeks have been okay since I understood my work ad was able to do it fast without being so confused but before it was such a big struggle and I wouldn't really understand anything and if it came time to take a quiz or test I would have to search up on YouTube the lesson and learn it there. 

    As I look forward something that I learned in this course that will be very helpful in the future is how nice the Bishop is and how calm and peaceful he was towards everything. I actually started trying to be a lot nicer and calmer towards my mom and siblings and I have been doing a good job at it so yay. Something that I learned from all my classes is to stay on task and staying motivated and focused is really important because you're helping your future self a lot and you're also rewarding your future self a ton. The rest of sophomore year and for the rest of my school years I will try as hard as I can to say focused so future me could be able to look back and feel satisfied with myself. I think this tip is going to do great magic in my life and not just only with school. 

Comments

Popular Posts