HOW I READ: LES

I am not a big fan of books especially this one that is older and when I am reading these type of books I just imagine an old man with the book in his hands in a big boring room full of shelfs with books on them and one tiny torch while he is reading, but I guess one thing I personally like so far about LES MIS is just how humble, calm, patient, and kind the bishop really is. I do not think I have ever met someone with that type of personality. Most people would yell or say something if someone drunk was telling them trash about their religion and their way of life or some would not even think and be kind enough to lend their mansion to help sick patients. Three techniques Victor Hugo used was his use of the second person, indirect characterization, ( I was able to learn a lot of the bishops character by his kind actions) and Foreshadowing.

Comments

  1. Well, I don't have a torch... :). Nice job on the techniques!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts